• Progress and forecast update?

• After joining, feel free to introduce yourself here and talk about the project! Chat with other members, but please keep topics related to EFI in one way or another.
After joining, feel free to introduce yourself here and talk about the project! Chat with other members, but please keep topics related to EFI in one way or another.
 #324  by Dav_Daddy
 Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:11 am
Hello, not to be a bother but is it possible to get an update on the status of nanoefi as it stands now? Also a vague timeline for when we may be able to start sending you our money would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know about others but I check the main page at minimum every other day. I'm not trying to make my OCD anyone else's problem but could you throw us a bone here?

Thanks in advance,

David
 #325  by Travis Nano
 Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:22 am
Absolutely :) I'll follow up soon with the recent highlights. We've overdue for an update!
 #340  by qwerty
 Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:28 am
@Travis Nano When can we expect the update?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
 #349  by Travis Nano
 Sun May 05, 2019 8:10 pm
@Dav_Daddy @alby1976 @qwerty I have a minor update HERE for you tonight. I'll follow up with a more in-depth progress report as quickly as I can.

There's a lot of good news to tell, a few spoilers:
  • We have a potential licensing deal in the works for a specific part of the market. Can't say much, but it's looking good and should provide sorely needed funding.
  • v0.1.8 hardware is confirmed to be fully working as expected on the bench, with just a few minor changes that will be incorporated into v0.2 BETA.
  • We're back in full development swing, and I believe this will be the final push before BETA!
 #351  by qwerty
 Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 am
Nice to see this update!

If you are going to post the full update, can you make a video of the Nanoefi in action? Just to show the community what you have made.

Alex
 #355  by Dav_Daddy
 Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm
@Travis nano

Awesome! This is pretty much everything I was hoping for!

If funding is holding you back, have you thought about running a Kickstarter? Your project is farther along than 90% of the projects on there. Not that, being close to production is more important than a cool looking video to get funded on that platform.
 #366  by Travis Nano
 Wed May 08, 2019 11:05 am
Dav_Daddy wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:25 pm
@Travis nano

Awesome! This is pretty much everything I was hoping for!

If funding is holding you back, have you thought about running a Kickstarter? Your project is farther along than 90% of the projects on there. Not that, being close to production is more important than a cool looking video to get funded on that platform.
Lack of funding is definitely slowing things down. I've considered Kickstarter (still considering it). Our Patreon contributors are an awesome help, and have kept this project alive and moving forward at a good pace. However, in order for me to take a leave of absence from my primary source of income and focus 100% on nEFI, we'd need to increase funding levels significantly. I can have development finished and BETA kits becoming available mid-Summer, if enough funding were available to cover my personal bills as well as development expenses in the meantime. I'm certainly open to ideas!
qwerty wrote:Nice to see this update!

If you are going to post the full update, can you make a video of the Nanoefi in action? Just to show the community what you have made.

Alex
I know it's perhaps counter-intuitive, but I've intentionally not run an engine yet. I've kept testing to strictly bench-only during development. I'm confident that the minute it's actually running an engine, a good amount of my own curiosity will be satisfied which may affect the project negatively. I've been delaying that gratification until just the right moment, if that makes sense. In either case, we're almost there!

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI