• "Kart-Sport" Extension…

• Want to develop your own mods to the NanoEFI ECU? I'm game. Let's start talking about what you'll need to get that done.

Want to develop your own mods to the NanoEFI ECU? I'm game. Let's start talking about what you'll need to get that done.

#284  by Stefan Burger
 Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:55 am
Hi Travis !

thank you for your work for a such nice device become reality! :-)

i´am a "hobby-kart-racer" and a "µC-fan", few month ago, i tryed to combine these two "worlds"...
my attempt was to give the usual used "laptimer" more functionality and (i tryed to) develop my own "Kart-MCU".
for simplicity, i decided to use a "mobile-phone" as an "human-machine-interface" and a "esp8266/esp32" as mcu.
the first probing on a breadboard-version this combination works good.
here is a list of functions that the "kart-mcu" should can do:

engine: 125ccm 2-stroke engine, "kf3" (e-start, flywheel-clutch)
12v 9ah battery (e-start, water-pump, mcu-supply)

controlling:
e-start (simple relais, dependent on rpm)
electrical-water-pump (dependent on cylinder-head-temp)

information display: (refresh-interval: 10 times per second, send only websocket-byte-array)

cylinder-head-temp (simple 100k thermal-resistor)
egt-temp (k-type sensor via max31855k)
rpm (hall-sensor on camshaft, read via internal pcnt)
km/h (hall-sensor on rear-axle, read via internal pcnt)
lap-time (hall-sensor, gpio-input interrupt, because the tracks have inductive stripes)

i have hostet the "web-server-content" on my test-server:
(there is actual no websocket-server installed, so there is no "communication" at all)

** Sorry Website is unavailable now **

why i post this here ?
because you use a "esp8266", too and perhaps some information are useful to make a "kart-version" of your nanoefi.

one question!

what type of cdi-module you use ?

greetings from germany,
stefan :-)

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI