• *POST HERE* to sign up to be considered for BETA participation!

• Interested in getting early access to a NanoEFI kit? Sign up here! Some pre-BETA news may be sprinkled in.
Interested in getting early access to a NanoEFI kit? Sign up here! Some pre-BETA news may be sprinkled in.
 #10  by Travis Nano
 Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm
50 BETA slots, hundreds of requests so far...
I'm only planning to produce a limited number of BETA kits, so I'd like to start working out the best candidates now as we get closer to early access. Any technical skill and capabilities that you possess in embedded software, electronics design, or manufacturing you have would be great to know. Other relevant skill sets are welcome as well. Relevant skills can put you well towards the top of the list.

Sign up by posting your relevant skills below and information on the machine(s) that you'd like to EFI. Be sure to state the (make, model, and year), and pictures would be great.

Not technical, but want in? For priority consideration, please consider becoming a Patron.

BETA kits come with a 24mm throttle body, best suited for 125cc to 225cc engines.

Model 1.jpg
Model 1.jpg (217.79 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Model 2.jpg
Model 2.jpg (213.54 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
 #29  by FUKINFAST
 Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:37 pm
Hey it's Cory from FUKINFAST.com

Looking to get on the long awaited BETA program that we've talked about before.

I have several projects we can test on and help advertise with.

First test is a 180cc billet crank GY6 with nitrous and it's on our shop show bike named "Venom"

Then I have a 232cc GY6 Turbo build going on a Yamaha Zuma that your EFI would have an immediate test with boosted applications.

Thanks
Cory
 #30  by Jacob_R
 Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:01 pm
My name is jacob and I have a Honda trx300 that I have done a 330cc bore kit, custom exhaust work, and more carb tuning then I care to think about. Carbs are black magic compared to efi in my book, easier to diag and easier to tune.

My day job is that of a technician when I have been diagnosing and repairing cars for almost 10 years. As a side job I build race cars with some friends where I specialize in wiring and electronic packages. I also tinker with electronics and perform basic repairs for friends and family.

If you are interested I also have formal training using autoCAD and have be consistantly using it for nearly 10years and have studied in the field of aerodynamics (for the racecars) and may be able to design a throttle body that can accept a generic sensor and be scalable for larger and smaller engines.
 #31  by Prusanoff
 Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:54 pm
Mechanic, Engineer, CNC machinist, JS programmer, HardCore 125 enthusiast

I am an American living in Europe where your product will skyrocket because of the laws.

Only 125 cc for first 2 years of moto license in EU!!!

I have several friends who who own shops out here and they do crazy awesome bikes!
We also have a full CNC shop out here for the production and the potential to make y/t vids and promotion

My bike was originally keeway Supper light SE 125
we ported polished the head
bored out the cylinder
and dismantled the engine to stroke the crank,
We CNC'ed a new crank and changed the stroke from 25mm rd to 35mm rd getting us an additional 2 cm of stroke,
balanced the new crank - piston ratio
and now doubled the HP
It sounds like a beast
Looking to get a supper charger now

I have messaged you almost 1.5 years ago and did not get a responce but I decided to wait I have checked the site at least 50 times this year
 #39  by Meteshjj
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:02 am
My name is John, and I'm a Computer Engineering student with a great interest in all engines, big and small. I currently work in parts, but before I decided to return to school, I spent quite some time as a mechanic.

At the moment, I have three vehicles that I want to test out some fuel injection. The first is my 2003 Yamaha YZ450F. I'd like to see what kind of performance I can get with fuel injection over a carburetor.

The second one is a 1988 EZ-Go Marathon with a Robin 2PG currently fed by a 24mm carburetor. This one would be interesting because not only is it a 2-stroke, but it also is set to run the engine backwards for reversing the cart.

The last one isn't that interesting. I have a mini bike with a 3.5HP Techumseh engine, but I think it would be fun to try fuel injection on it, if for nothing else than the experience.
 #44  by Wolfie Martin
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 am
Hello my name is Phillip and am looking forward to working as a team player as part of the Nano EFI team if chosen.

I have a 2013 toatoa vip Chinese scooter 4 stroke 50cc motor is a 1P39QMB

I also have a 2004 Eton Beamer Matrix 2-stroke 50cc
I would be interested in trying to EFI my mini bike which has a predator 212 on it. As far as the electrical system it's going to have a small car alternator for headlights and taillights and hopefully a fuel pump. Lol

Skills:
Welding (had schooling but never bothered getting my certification as a hobbyist)

Computer and laptop repair and programming.

Extremely mechanically inclined how evere no official schooling. (I do most maintenance on my vehicles myself including diagnosing and fixing bad O2 sensors and much more.)

I have a small vertical 3 axis milling machine built from a CNC Fusion kit and eBay drivers and motors. I built wired and program to myself.
 #47  by LuckyLucky
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:06 pm
Hey there,

I'm a medical device engineer with experience in Solidworks, rapid prototype manufacturing, machining, and board layout.

I have some basic experience with embedded programming, but only really in the Arduino space.

Currently in the middle of developing an EFI conversion kit for the DRZ400. There are already functional bikes with EFI systems up and running, so now the goal is to streamline the process so that anyone with a drz can relatively easily complete the conversion.

Three main targets to hit for the project right now:

-Custom machined flywheel trigger rings to be optimized for cheaper manufacturing.
-Currently running microsquirt ECU. Would like to evaluate NanoEFI as a lower cost alternative.
-Redesign the wiring harness to lower cost without compromising on ingress protection and durability.

All other parts are OEM parts taken from bikes or quads that can be readily found. There is work being done on building up a database of different bike configurations (throttle bodies, big bore kits, exhausts, etc) so that multiple maps can be made readily available.
 #52  by Travis Nano
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:18 pm
Wow, we're pulling together quite a talent pool already. You guys rock! (y)

Can each of you start creating build threads here? Upload pictures, I'd like to see your machine. Links to any technical resources would be great if your engine isn't a GY6. I'll need to see the type and shape of your ignition trigger signals most importantly.

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI