• 24mm Throttle Body [Prototype]

• Interested in getting early access to a NanoEFI kit? Sign up here! Some pre-BETA news may be sprinkled in.
Our forum has moved to: FORUM.NANOEFI.COM

We've moved to a new forum software package (called Discourse). It's much better suited for our needs and better all around. Please spend a moment and register there, even if you're already registered here. I've posted new progress updates there to kick off new topics of conversation. I hope to see you there! Thanks!
Interested in getting early access to a NanoEFI kit? Sign up here! Some pre-BETA news may be sprinkled in.
 #130  by Travis Nano
 Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:17 am
_Iain_ wrote:Out of interest, what are the external dimensions like on the unit?
5.25" x 2.25" x 1.50" (133mm x 57mm x 38mm)

The overall length is 5.25", however the length of the body section itself is 4" (100mm). The TB length is identical to a stock GY6-150 carb. Over time, I intend to miniaturize the PCB, and eliminate the dedicated IAT sensor by moving to a T-MAP unit. That will reduce the overall length by 1" (25mm). The effort to miniaturize the package is mostly pricing related.

Clearing cooling shrouds
The TB height is much shorter than any carburetor, at only 1.5".
_Iain_ wrote:(I) fear it may prove an issue when it comes to fitment, as well as the associated vibrations/heat coming from some of the small engines when at a higher state of tune than stock!
I don't anticipate heat from the engine being an issue any more than normal. Especially related to the ECU mounted on the throttle body. The temperatures required to cause problems with the ECU would outright melt the plastic cooling shrouds of your engine. If you think about it for a moment, on your own machine, the carburetor is easily cool enough to touch (and even hold on most machines) while the engine is running at operating temperature. It would be the same with this setup.

The heat that I'm most concerned about at this point is related to what is generated internally from the ECU itself - power supply, and pump/injector transistors. Those areas need further refinement as we move forward.

Vibration is a low concern at this point as well. You'll get more potentially damaging vibration with the ECU hard-mounted to the frame of many single cylinder machines, than mounted to the rubber-dampened intake via the Throttle Body.

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI