• 24mm Throttle Body [Prototype]

• Interested in getting early access to a NanoEFI kit? Sign up here! Some pre-BETA news may be sprinkled in.
Our forum has moved to: FORUM.NANOEFI.COM

We've moved to a new forum software package (called Discourse). It's much better suited for our needs and better all around. Please spend a moment and register there, even if you're already registered here. I've posted new progress updates there to kick off new topics of conversation. I hope to see you there! Thanks!
Interested in getting early access to a NanoEFI kit? Sign up here! Some pre-BETA news may be sprinkled in.
 #11  by Travis Nano
 Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:55 pm
24mm Throttle Body

Inlet: 1.50"
Outlet: 1.25"
Bore: 24mm

Integrated ECU, MAP, TPS, IAT sensors + Injector.

Design benefits: Intgrated TB/ECU+Sensors simplifies installation greatly, as close to "drop in" install as possible when swapping from a carb.

Potential issues: There's likely to be quite a bit of EMI around the injector that could interfere with the ECU.

Model 1.jpg
Model 1.jpg (217.79 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
Model 2.jpg
Model 2.jpg (213.54 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
 #20  by hojnikb
 Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:25 pm
Would it be a lot of work to adapt this to ~19mm (or whatever 50cc gy6 works best) ?
What about injector size ?
 #34  by Mexwall
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:22 am
Could you post a picture without the blue plate, I'm curious how the inside looks and how the butterfly valve is placed.

@ hojnikb:
A 50cc can run with the 24mm throttle body. I drive a Kymco Yager GT with an ecotrons efi with a 24mm throttle body.
My 50cc runs with a 38 g/m injector.
http://yagergt50.blogspot.com/
 #36  by hojnikb
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 am
Mexwall wrote:
Could you post a picture without the blue plate, I'm curious how the inside looks and how the butterfly valve is placed.

@ hojnikb:
A 50cc can run with the 24mm throttle body. I drive a Kymco Yager GT with an ecotrons efi with a 24mm throttle body.
My 50cc runs with a 38 g/m injector.
http://yagergt50.blogspot.com/
Awesome, didn't know that. What kind of economy do you get with EFI ?
 #38  by cwirtz703
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:04 pm
1st Post and new Patreon here.
Are you willing to share the .f3d, .stl, or other 3d model file? In particular, I'm interested in 3d printing your throttle body design to check clearances on my ATC70 (modded with a lengthened frame and upgraded to a Piranha 125cc with top mounted starter & reverse). I am also planning on designing my own intake manifold (and probably outsourcing the casting) so again, having a model of your kit's TB would help me in my (1st targeted) application. At some time in the future I'm also hoping to implement your NanoEFI on a Honda GX25/GX35 engine. I suspect that engine will require a different TB.
 #41  by Travis Nano
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:31 pm
cwirtz703 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:04 pm
1st Post and new Patreon here.
Are you willing to share the .f3d, .stl, or other 3d model file? In particular, I'm interested in 3d printing your throttle body design to check clearances on my ATC70 (modded with a lengthened frame and upgraded to a Piranha 125cc with top mounted starter & reverse). I am also planning on designing my own intake manifold (and probably outsourcing the casting) so again, having a model of your kit's TB would help me in my (1st targeted) application. At some time in the future I'm also hoping to implement your NanoEFI on a Honda GX25/GX35 engine. I suspect that engine will require a different TB.
Welcome and thank you! If you've got a minute, I'd like to see more about your ATC70 (pics would be great). Can you create a build thread here?

I've been thinking about releasing the 3D model. Give me a bit more time to consider though. I believe we'll be able to make that happen. (y)
 #42  by Travis Nano
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:38 pm
Mexwall wrote:
The blue plate in the model represents the ECU. I'd like to integrate the ECU into the TB so it's as much of a direct swap as possible when replacing a carburetor. It's a solid closed pocket, there isn't anything underneath the ECU except a hole for cable entry.
Model 3.jpg
Model 3.jpg (234.5 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
 #43  by Mexwall
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:32 pm
So, if I understand it correctly, the throttlebody and de ECU wil be 1 part? And if one or the other fails/breaks you will have to replace the whole unit and , if neede, you can't replace just the ECU?

As far as I know an EFI needs imput from a few sensors to work properly, MAP, TPS and trigger are supproted/suplied. But I can't find if the NanoEfi supports these:
- An O2 sensor to check the air/fuel mixture and addapt it to meet the optimum mixture and to see if your tune is right. If your tuning is correct you could do without it, but without it there is no way to check if your tuning is correct.
- An engine temperature sensor for cold start and mixture addaption accordig to temperature.
 #46  by hojnikb
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am
Mexwall wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:59 am
City driving average - 1 liter / 41 km

Last record was 1/55, but that was with reduced speed over a long time.
I was honestly expecting better economy. On a stock 50cc with carb i'm getting around 2.5l/100km for full throttle speeds (55-60kmh)

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI