• 0-5v input/map interpolation

• Let's discuss what's going on right now with development. -T@NEFI

Let's discuss what's going on right now with development. -T@NEFI

#370  by wtfnate
 Tue May 14, 2019 1:37 am
Just wanted to drop a few ideas here. (Hopefully the correct place).

I definitely think if you are going to have 0-5v input for o2 it should be wideband.
Most people who are serious about tuning shouldn't want to mess with a narrowband, especially when logging is involved.

I also feel there there is another opportunity here with 0-5v, map interpolation. This would apply mainly to AIT based on your analog channels. (Since TPS/MAP would be for your "load" calc in the 3d tables, o2 for fuel/logging, and I assume fuel pressure for fuel/pump control as well).

Having a "low temp" fuel/timing map and a "high temp" fuel/timing map with interpolation between them based on the 0-5v input. (The 0-5v would need to be able to be scaled in the tuning software though). This would allow the tune to adapt to air temp changes, much as the MAP sensor should give it the ability to adjust for elevation changes.

This also creates a TON more options though. Dual maps based on a 0 or 5v input, flex fuel tuning based on 0-5v input, failsafe maps based on a 0 or 5v input, and so on.

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI