• 1998 Honda XR400

• If you'd like to help with compatibility for your engine, please post a few pictures and any technical documentation or manuals you may have.
If you'd like to help with compatibility for your engine, please post a few pictures and any technical documentation or manuals you may have.
 #71  by alby1976
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:08 pm
Hi guys, my name is Al, and I am currently living in North West Queensland, Australia.
The climate here is what I would consider tropical to sub tropical depending on season. Dry winter, and hot and wet summer, so an EFI system with closed loop capabilities would be excellent.
Started to rebuild this bike, and got a larger carby for it off a 500cc, but then came across the nanoEFI while still in its early stages.
The engine has been rebuilt and is now a 425, hence the bigger carb.
Bike is kickstart, but I have got a AA battery pack to fit to it, as this would help smooth out any voltage fluctuations it had, ie at idle.
Now that nanoEFI is coming along, it will double as a power source to power the fuel pump for priming and power for the EFI controller.
Another upgrade is a fully wound stator and new rectifier to cope with it.
The bike is pulled down, as I was living on the other side of the country, so it will take some time until it is reassembled.

The sad state it looked in when I purchased it cheap off a mate.

[URL='http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/inde ... e&id=otbji']Image

My aim is to build it to look similar to this.

[URL='http://www.overclockers.com.au/pix/inde ... e&id=dphn7']Image

Also, my current ride is a 2008 Yamaha WR250R, which is the first of the EFI WRs, and goes pretty well for a 250, as I am around 105kg, so very much looking forward to playing with an EFI conversion.

DEVELOPMENT UPDATES

LIKE AND FOLLOW!

WHO'S DEVELOPING NANOEFI?

Hey! - My name is Travis. I'm an offroad riding enthusiast from rural southside Virginia, and the owner and sole developer of NanoEFI.

It's taken a while to get to this point, and it's been an incredible learning experience along the way. Thank you for your interest and support!

Welcome to the project. Sign up and let's talk affordable EFI!

The NanoEFI Project

Travis @ NanoEFI